13 Oct Sri Lanka new VISA procedure
Issuance of “On Arrival” visas are suspended until further notice.
All tourists entering Sri Lanka are required to obtain online tourist visas before arrival. Apply Online Visa Here.
The following documents are mandatory for processing online tourist visa;
01) A valid travel insurance with health and hospitalization coverage for the entire duration of stay.
02) A valid return air ticket.
03) Travel itinerary and details of confirmed reservations made at SLTDA (Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority ) registered and ‘Safe & Secure’ certified accommodation establishments, with the first night stay at a facility in and around Colombo/ Negombo or Hambantota depending on the arrival airport.
Our retreat in Mirissa is SLTDA registered and ‘Safe & Secure’ certified accommodation establishment So you may select our name and address (Ulugedera Villa, Galle road, Bandaramulla, Mirissa).
What You will Need Before You Depart from Your Country ?
01) Confirmed E visa Approval to Sri Lanka.
02) A Negative PCR test report within 72 hours prior to board to the plane.
What would happen Arrival at the airport in Sri Lanka ?
01) All tourists should undergo a PCR test at the arriving airport for FREE of Charge, therefore you may have to wait around 4-6 hours in waiting area until your results come
02) A repeat PCR test to be conducted 5-7 days after the arrival or if the guest develops respiratory symptoms, whichever comes first, test will be done FREE of charge ( a mobile testing vehicle would arrive to your staying place in Sri Lanka )
03) For tourists staying longer than 10 days, another PCR test will be carried out between 10-12 days after the arrival in Sri Lanka for FREE of charge ( a mobile testing vehicle would arrive to your staying place in Sri Lanka).
What Would Happen If You test POSITIVE fo COVID -19 ?
If you are tested positive for COVID-19, you will be sent to a hospital or a quarantine center / hotel where you will be charged a fee per night.